Monday 25 July 2011

Ace first lines in songs

Groovy
By no means an exhaustive list, as I haven't heard all the songs ever recorded, but listening to London's Calling t'other day got my brain whirring. Then I masturbated for a while, and then I made this list. Some of them may be wrong.


Now every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world, ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl.
The noise inside my head won't let me go
I just got your message baby, so sad to see you fade away
You say that I'm too smart for me own good
I am a patient boy - I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait
Son I'm 30, I only went with your mother cos she's dirty
Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
I don't want to go out, I want to stay in, get things done
I only knew you for a while I never saw your smile 'til it was time to go, time to go away
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
It's gettin' near dawn, when lights close their tired eyes
Something in the way you love me won't let me be
I've come across the desert to greet you with a smile
You never listened to a word that I said, you only see me for the clothes that I wear
A to the motherfuckin K homeboy
Naughty boys in nasty schools, headmasters breaking all the rules
Is this the in place to be?
All your dreams are made, when you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade
The pay-me girl has had enough of the bleeps
We like the music, we like the disco sound, hey
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth
I'm sorry, I've left me card at home
Look at all the villagers in town and all the farmers hanging round
I've been living through changes and i could swing for you
I can feel the earth begin to move, I hear my needle hit the groove
How does it feel, to treat me like you do?
Got a good reason for taking the easy way out
Don't give me love, oh no none of that stuff cos it's yer money I'm after, baby.
I cried a tear, you wiped it dry
All in a day, all for me
A fork is a cold shiny tool, to pierce, tear and ingest
I want you to tell me why you walked out on me
Saturday's boys live life with insults, drink lots of beer and wait for half time results
Trudging slowly over wet sand, back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like
Youre the kind of person, you meet at certain dismal dull affairs.
Mother, mother, there's too many of you crying
I like big butts and I cannot lie
It's been a long time since I rock-and-rolled
You made a fool of me, but them broken dreams have got to end
In the morning you go gunning for the man who stole you water
I grasp at life's fading light
Lost your love of life? Too much apple pie
Just close your eyes and then remember the thoughts you've locked away
Call out the instigators because there's something in the air
Yo, VIP, let's kick it
Some people think little girls should be seen and not heard
We’ve been crying now for much too long and now we’re gonna dance to a different song
Look what you're doing to me, I'm utterly at your whim, all of my defenses down
There's colors on the street, red, white and blue
Inflammable material is planted in my head, it's a suspect device that's left 2,000 dead
If it seems a little time is needed, decisions to be made
I'll only ask you once more
Thou shalt not steal if there is direct victim
Straight outta Compton crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube
If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
Baby I feel good from the moment I rise

I need a Mars Bar, hey raid the Spar
A Charlatan, I, noble and wild 






No comments:

Post a Comment